FMP19-Reviewing by Alan & Adjusting animations

Introduction
The day after I finished the animation, I found that I could make an appointment for Alan’s tutorial, so I made an appointment immediately. And got the guidance of Alan, continue to adjust my animation.

Beginning animation
Alan pointed out my problem:

1. The line of the body is not curved enough at the beginning, it is too straight.
  1. Here, the position of the controller should be down and reflect the bending of the shoulders.
  1. The arm was “broken” in this pose.
  1. In this pose, the balance is lost and the arm is broken. If the arm moves, the shoulder must also move.
  1. Alan suggested that I change the default pose to be more natural.

My solution is:

1. At 6F, let the shoulder controller rotate inward and make the chest more bend, even though this will break my original hand position, but the human body looks better.
  1. Adjust the position of the hand controller and PoleArm_R at 16F, so that the left arm, shoulder, and right arm form a curve.
  1. Because the position of the chest was moved, the position of the hand was re-adjusted. And I mentioned that an object cannot be constrained by two objects at the same time, so I used the fake constraint of aTools, which also caused me to adjust the position a little bit.
  1. At 10F, I adjusted the center of gravity, that is, rotated the hips controller.
  2. At the end I rotated the left-hand controller to make its movement in the prep view more obvious.
  1. In fact, I have been thinking about changing the default pose for a long time, because if I adjust it here, all my animations need to be adjusted. But I still adjusted.

Idle animation
Alan thinks that my pose should be adjusted. For example, in the side view, the legs are not very good-looking. But if you adjust according to what he said, the front will also become very strange, so I didn’t adjust it.

I also changed the default posture. It was really troublesome. I went to the graph editor to adjust them one by one, but I think it’s worthwhile to think about the better visual effects.

In addition, Alan thinks I should add some gestures, which is too rigid! I just found out that my gestures forgot to add a loop!

In order to be more vivid, I also added a loop animation to the knee controllers, which is actually not particularly obvious.

Walk animation
At the beginning, Alan pointed out the problem that I was most worried about. The hips controller didn’t have enough rotation, so the character didn’t seem to be twisting his hips. I explained to him that it was because I wanted my character to be serious and not shaky, and Alan expressed understanding.

What’s more interesting is that when he said he wanted my character to be more curved, I laughed, because this is my rigging problem, the hips and waist cannot change the shape. But I also tried to adjust. For example, adjust the translateY of the chest controller to make him bend down more.

When I asked him to watch my walking animation again, Alan also found another problem. In this frame, Xin’s legs were too straight and the legs were lifted up. Maybe I made the legs tight.

I also found a problem myself. When I lifted my foot, the amplitude should be relatively large, but I still pressed it down in this frame, which is wrong.

Run animation
Although Alan didn’t talk about this issue, Sean thought after looking at it that I wanted to adjust my shoulders and adjust the movement range of my left hand.

So I adjusted my shoulders and arms at the beginning, so it seems that Xin’s posture is more relaxed!

Crouch animation
There is no problem for the time being, but I need to adjust the default posture.

But then I remembered that Xin would definitely shrug his shoulders when squatting, so I opened the file again and adjusted his shoulders.

Jump animation
Here is the same problem, the dynamic line of the character is not obvious. Alan thinks the butt is too protruding, but this is a problem with the model. No matter how I adjust it, the butt can’t be rotated back. So I still used the old method to adjust the translateY of chest.

Attack animation
Alan pointed out that Xin’s arms and shoulders still have problems, so pay attention to the relationship between them. second. Also pay attention to the position of the knees and feet, because I have no reference, so the posture will be unnatural.

I first tried to adjust the position of hips to make the body smoother, but the limitations of my model made me unable to do this. I should pay attention to the weights of hips and waist. However, there is no time now, and I can’t readjust it anymore.

I can only focus on the shoulders and arms. If there is a chance next time, I will definitely pay more attention to the weight of these two places.

Conclusion
Thanks to Alan, he is a very professional and patient instructor who told me the shortcomings of my animation.

This animation is still a bit regretful. I didn’t pay more attention to the movement of the body and shoulders, which caused some stiffness in the movement. But I want to continue to export them, I hope I can be smooth in the unreal engine.

This entry was posted in Final Main Project. Bookmark the permalink.