FMP14-Animation_jump

Introduction
This time I will make jump animation first. In fact, I want to increase my experience in making game animation as much as possible to prepare for walking animation!

Process
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1aE411Z7tU?p=14
I still went to see Tang’s tutorial first, he summarized the production method of jumping animation, the following takes 35-frame animation as an example:
1F idle
8F crouch, squeeze, express squeeze by pressing down the arm, the head can also be slightly lowered
9F Pushing on the ground-the limit, try to make the body like a straight line, so that the chest and head can be lifted, and the feet can also be lifted.
11F Move up quickly, basically similar to the previous one, but bend your knees and spread your hands more
18F Slowly go up to the highest point, squeeze
25F drops slowly, corresponding to the previous one
27F Tensile touchdown-limit
29F squat buffer
35F idle

I also made a bouncing box in Maya to simulate the Zeng effect.

In addition, I found that in unreal engine4, a jumping animation is divided into three parts so that it can be read separately. That is to say, I have to make three animations: start, loop, and end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTTx17qLK-o

Then I can make a whole animation first, then divide it into three parts, and finally export them separately.

First, I only move the hips controllers to get a feel for the approximate height of Xin’s jump.

At this time there is a big problem! No matter how I move the hips, my left knee will not follow. After checking, I found that the follow of Xin’s PoleLeg is 0, which is why it doesn’t move with the knee anymore. Not only did I have to adjust for this project, I also had to adjust the animation I did before, otherwise my knees looked too weird!

After adding anticipation, although the extreme frame is not visible, the animation looks much better now!

Because 11F-25F is to be exported loop animation, so I have to ensure that the keyframes of these two frames are the same. This is a lot of work, and it also means that I can’t directly emphasize overlapping through offset.

The keyframes before Xin landing and take-off are the same. In fact, to be more natural, I should not copy the keyframes directly, but I can only do this to save time.

I made the animation of the spine controllers slower to achieve overlap. Although the start and end animations are not so obvious, I can still use the offset in the middle as long as the 11F and 25F actions are consistent.

At this time, I adjusted the hand, including overlapping and finger position, but some small details, which are almost invisible in the animation of less than one second.

Besides that, I also adjusted my hair.

The animation is almost complete! It looks pretty good!

After I saved the file, I started to animate the sword. For the scabbard, I still added animation to the bone points to make it move with the body. This animation effect is still very obvious.

I originally wanted to use fake constraint, but it couldn’t adjust the key frame in real time. It was particularly troublesome. I still used the parents constraint to prevent me from exporting a fbx file to make sure that the bone information can be exported. I just used this method. . However, I observed that the motion of the sword was not smooth enough. After checking the motion tail, I determined that the problem was 11F and 25F. But I can’t adjust these two key frames, I can only keep adding new key frames in other positions.

This is the final effect of my animation!

Conclusion
Jump animation is indeed relatively simple, but I have to figure out how to make the character jump up in the game engine, and I have to consider the relationship and logic with other loop animations. This is the difference between game animation and cinematic animation. I hope that the animation I am trying to make according to the standard now will be smoothly imported into the unreal engine in a few days.

This entry was posted in Final Main Project. Bookmark the permalink.