Performance Animation 04 – First Review

Introduction

After I had a 1:1 tutoring with Luke, he pointed out some problems with my animation! It seems that I am still inexperienced! There are some problems that are obvious, and I didn’t want to see them. I will describe and correct them one by one:

Process

1.

the first area that stands out is there is not enough up and down in the movement of Tom’s hip.

Because I haven’t adjusted for too long, I need to find the corresponding controllers to modify the waist movement. Of course, I also modified other waist controllers by the way to prevent the legs from popping.

2.

watch the elbow positions as they don’t feel correctly placed. need to bring the elbows in more. watch the elbows on this character too as they look like they are pointing in the wrong direction. The breathing is working on the character too.

When I was revising the arm, I found that Tom’s palm was not detailed enough, so I decided to adjust the position and movement of the hand before adjusting the direction of the arm. In addition, even though Tom’s fingers are short, I also gave it overlapping to make it more natural.

3.

The background character when swaying from side to side it should also be going up and down in translate too. it should look almost like a figure of 8.

This is relatively easy to adjust, and it is very basic, which shows that I don’t know enough about the basics of animation.

4.

the main thing to work on that character is the overlap on the spline. It should feel very floppy on his spine as it should be very dazed and confused.

I tried my best to adjust the monkey’s spline, but the controllers I can control are indeed too few to be easy to adjust. By the way, I also adjusted its arms.

5.

tail is the last piece of the animation to work on always. Tails are always left till last. I have a tail animation tool which you can use when the animation is finished.

But I haven’t used the tool given by the teacher for the time being, I hope I can use it next time. There is a problem with the tail. Its position in the perspective view is not correct, so I can adjust it directly in the graph editor.

To match Tom’s reaction, I also adjusted the animation of its eyes to make him look even more surprised. But once I adjust the controllers of the eyes, the animation will play very slowly. I can only reopen the file. But even if there is no change, I can only remake it.

Conclusion

In the adjustment of the week, I learned:

1. In the face of many models of spine controllers, don’t adjust it at will. Be clear about which position each controller controls, because it will be very confusing when modified.

2. If the character is doing loop movement, pay attention to whether their motion trails are 8 shape.

This entry was posted in Advanced and Experimental 3D Computer Animation. Bookmark the permalink.