Week8 – Drawing & Modifying

Introduction

In the last week, Yu and I were fully cooperating with Wu, Zhu and Jiang. They are also doing final debugging, such as checking for bugs in each mini game, and finding some errors in models or materials, and then let us modify them. In addition, a good game requires game guidance and dubbing, which is what Yu and I need to do.

Tasks:

Complete the dubbing and poster.

Modify the model as required.

Process

After we finished the 3D jigsaw puzzle, Wu quickly made each jigsaw puzzle a corresponding function, that is, the puzzle can be put together in the corresponding place. At the same time, Zhu has also done a good job of dissolving the model from a puzzle to a playable model. So far, our game mechanics has been basically completed!

In addition, Zhu came to ask us about the design of the scene, because the material needs to be adjusted in Unity, and the color matching is particularly important. In addition, the lighting effect is also very important. We turn the outside of the scene into a luminous ball, so that the scene will become very bright. But because I don’t know much about Unity, I can only ask Yann for help, and he gave some suggestions. Finally, we tried a lot of color schemes, and completed the material of the scene under the exchange.

Jiang also showed me how my fish animation is implemented in Unity! It’s really great, completely beyond my expectation. He made this little game without any bugs and made my fish look more interesting. I am happy that I have such a teammate.

Speaking of my responsibilities, Zhu said before that we need to make a poster so that when players enter the game, they will see this introduction poster. He even gave me some references. I am just a student studying 3D Animation, and I am not very good at graphic design, but I am willing to try it for the projects of our group.

I think since what we are doing is Tom’s poster, why don’t we use Tom’s style? As I mentioned in the first week, Eckersley developed a style that emphasized geometric forms, flat graphic designs emphasising shape rather than depth of perspective, and a strong use of contrast by several means, including varying the size of elements, or using stark lines and shadowing with gradients. So I used almost all the elements that appeared in Tom’s posters to design sketches and finished pictures. It is worth mentioning that I hesitated for a long time in the choice of type. I didn’t care about adjusting the color of the type. The final effect was like this.

Zhu reminded me that he specially set aside a place for me to put a poster with our personal information. So I made another poster and collected everyone’s information. Everyone is very satisfied with the poster I made! This makes me very happy!

At this time, Yu went to dub, because our game needs the introduction of Tom and his poster. And I continue to draw very important gameplay instructions. I first asked about the current gameplay of our group (may be different from the beginning), and then I found some references. The icons for reference are very simple, and this will fit Tom’s style very well.

I drew them one by one. In the beginning, except for the diagram of the muscle man, which is difficult to understand, the diagrams of other games can be understood well, and they are even a little cute. As they made other games, I needed to draw more game diagrams. I even need to explain the operation of the gamepad. Fortunately, Zhu and Wu are very patient to explain the design of the VR gamepad to me, which is more convenient for me to draw! Of course I also encountered some minor problems. For example, they felt that the explanation of the puzzle should be made clearer. I had to replace the element of the fish with an element that did not exist in the scene so that the player would not think that I drew a schematic diagram specifically for the fish. Up.

My schematic is like this in the game. It’s really cool! I was so proud at that moment! I am very happy that my work has not made our game inferior!

Until now, I am very excited because I have almost no work anymore. But at this time, Zhu suddenly told me that after they imported the materials, they found cracks in the materials of every 3D puzzle. In fact, this is not a crack. This is because I did not hide the lines when I painted the UVs, so I have to paint the UVs again. (I didn’t save the psd file) I blamed myself for making such a mistake, but Yu has been comforting me and is willing to help me modify it.

In addition, there was a problem with the 3D puzzle model of my wine bottle. I didn’t pay attention when cutting the poster. A small line was left, which resulted in the line being turned into a 3D model, and it was in Unity. Affect the visual effect. Because there is no time, I have to ask Yu to help me modify it, I will always love her! ! !

Conclusion

At this point, the work that I need to be responsible for the cooperation project has been completed. I really completed it very smoothly, because every member of my team is very serious in completing their work, and if there is a problem, I will promptly ask everyone to solve the problem! I am really moved to cry, and sincerely hope that everyone can gain something from it. I also hope that we have the opportunity to cooperate again!

This entry was posted in Collaborative unit: VR game. Bookmark the permalink.