Performance Animation 01 – Performance

Introduction

This week is our second performance animation. We recorded our own performances separately and matched the audio found last week. I think every student did his/her best to perform, and all the performances are very interesting!

Tips:

1. The recording time is as long as possible than the original video, so that it is easier to edit.

2. Give the audience a guiding performance.

3. Pay attention to the performance of the hands, there can be some changes.

4. Try to make a performance that is not in line with the camera, so as to emphasize body language more.

Problems:

1. The material that can be edited is not long enough.

2. My actions are performed easy.

Process

Regarding the performance, I have also written the corresponding blog before. It contains some of my views on the performance. Although it is not very complicate, I hope I can make some progress in this performance.

Now let us watch the original video, which is a clip from Leon. In the clip, there are two men talking with some pauses in the middle, so this may be what Luke likes: some interesting animations can be designed in it.

Now I want to discard the screen and use only audio to design the animation. From the beginning, I wanted to design a surprising scene in the plot, a character reversal performance that can surprise the audience. So, I thought about adding a new character to the animation, a bit similar to the combination of Incredible and Boss Baby ‘the two small babies: a Boss Baby with super powers. He only needs to listen to the music behind the two people and suddenly find that the headphones are broken, and then easily destroy the headphones to achieve a dramatic effect.

The other two people are in two states, one is threatening the other calmly, looking fierce, but not so angry. The other person is very worried, but with some cleverness, hoping that the other person can understand him. For this, I also drew a draft to show the positions of the three people.

Next is the hardest part, I have to keep practicing and adding performances.

At the beginning, I performed baby. I wanted to make a very relaxed expression of listening to music, but if I added this, it would be inconsistent with the lines of other characters, so I did not record this leisurely listening to music performance at the beginning. Instead, he closed his eyes and found that the earphones were broken, knocked on the earphones, and then opened his eyes, unhappily destroying the earphones. But after the actual performance, there was still a few seconds of free time, so I had to end it with a smirk after destruction.

For the second character, I think the difficulty lies in facial expressions, because his speech speed is relatively slow, giving his eyes, eyebrows, and mouth plenty of time for acting. What I imagined at the beginning was that he would make a gesture of pressing a finger on another mouth, but I found that his hand movement is also very important. Even after trying many times, I did not achieve my satisfaction, especially that. I hope so, without any sense of oppression. I have to wait for Luke’s reviews and suggestions.

The third person will need to interact with the first character more. Originally, he should have an expression that is not in a hurry, but after watching the baby destroy the headset, he must have an obvious gesture of swallowing saliva, and then a little afraid to say: “I am telling you the truth”, this time I can design a praying expression for him. I practiced this movement many times, because to match the rhythm of speaking, the shoulders need to rise and fall, which is difficult to control. Maybe this is the difficulty of acting.

When editing Premiere, I felt that the time for baby and character three to perform was too short, so I had to record and edit some new shots. The final effect is this. 11 12 13

Review

After seeing my performance, Luke gave some useful suggestions:

1. Baby’s easy listening to music performance still needs to be added at the beginning.

2. The second person’s performance can be like this: lean forward very greatly, and then point your finger at the baby first, guide the audience to notice the baby’s movements, and then restore the original appearance. This is a serious warning action.

3. The performance of the third person needs to make an obvious listening action, such as sticking out the entire head to bring the ears closer to the second person. After listening to the second person’s warning, you can make a head-to-side shake (such as twisting towards the camera) to express that you do not know what to do.

4. Try to make a performance that is not in line with the camera, so as to emphasize body

language.

Conclusion

I will practice my performance according to the advice given by Luke, and strive to have a more breakthrough performance in the second performance!

This entry was posted in Advanced and Experimental 3D Computer Animation. Bookmark the permalink.