Research and Report

Introduction

When choosing the topic, I thought about it for a long time, and felt that I should study a topic that I was both familiar with and unfamiliar with. I think I can analyze my favorite game Just Dance, because I have a general understanding of its game mechanic, UI design, music and sound effects, and other game elements, and have watched many behind-the-scenes vidwo about it, so I believe that I study It will be an interesting thing.

Process

So I wrote an outline before reporting to Luke, expressing the general direction I want to go. The most important thing is to introduce the game from two aspects of animation and technology, and give three examples.

But this will have some problems:

1. I know I want to study Just Dance, but the range of topics I give is too large. I cannot explain many techniques in an article. I need to focus on one area.
  2. I try to search the Internet for technical support for this game, such as how to turn Live Action into data that the game console can calculate. But whether it is YouTube or Google, there is too little information in this area.

This is my solution and steps:

1. I listed all the aspects that I need to research, such as Modeling, Lighting, Sound, Effect, animation, and finally I am sure what I wanna do is animation. So what do I want to study about animation? I made a list for myself. I think it would be better to write essay from the perspective of animation technology.

2. I started to search for information. On the one hand, I sent a message to some game bloggers and even ubisoft, describing my questions, hoping to get answers, but no one responded to me, maybe this involves trade secrets. On the other hand, I asked my classmates in China to help me download a lot of Chinese papers, which are related to animation and games. There are from articles, newspapers, conference records, and academic papers.

chinese papers

3.Now, I began to write papers in Chinese, so that I can clarify the structure of the paper. I wrote it according to the format of my bachelor’s thesis, because I don’t know the format of the thesis required by UAL, please contact me if you need to make corrections. After writing the paper in Chinese, I translated it into English and attached pictures. In addition, I also drew a flowchart to make my thesis structure clearer.

After writing the paper, I started to prepare my presentation. First of all, I made the PPT. This is not a difficult job, but I need to make the layout look better and make the text more concise. I took many pictures and videos from the Internet. Then I started writing my speech, most of which were excerpted from the papers and organized in a more colloquial language. Next, I practiced reading my draft with the PPT, and the time was limited to about ten minutes. I did a good job in this step. Finally, I used bandicam to record my speech, export the video clips in Adobe Premier, and the entire assignment was completed.

Conclusion

Of course, my speech is not very good, and my speaking English needs a lot of improvement . But I am very serious about preparing my report as well as presentation. I hope I can explore more interesting technologies for the next topic.

Wikipedia:

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%99%9A%E6%8B%9F%E7%8E%B0%E5%AE%9E

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%93%B4%E5%A2%9E%E5%AF%A6%E5%A2%83

YouTube:

This entry was posted in Design for narrative structure, film language and animation. Bookmark the permalink.