3DEqualizer4 Release6 fundamental pratice- Body tracking

Introduction

Today Dom not only teaches us the basic camera tracking knowledge, but also tells us how to track the character’s body, and put the armor model into the footage in Maya.

Tips:

1. If you cannot export the buffer, you can try to convert the exr file to a jpeg file.
  2. Be sure to remember to save.
  3. Try not to use PLE.

Problems:

1. I cannot export the buffer.
  2. Deviation surged to 13 after the calculation, and it cannot be withdrawn, only the saved file can be read.
  3. Tracking unsucessfully too many points, it is not possible to complete tracking by adding a new point like Dom.
  4. Track body is very slow, and automatic tracking often stops.
  5. In the Lineup view, the model does not follow people at all.
  6. Once Mel was imported in Maya, Maya crashed.
  7. One paly in Maya, the model disappeared.

Process

At first, Dom and Luke tried to log in to 3DE4 on the school computer for nearly an hour, so Dom had to speed up to complete the previous teaching. The content of Part1 is very simple, because we already have two tracking experiences, we all know that we need to modify the name of the camera group, we need to change the starting frame to 0, and we can also adjust the brightness of the imported sequence frame appropriately.

However, I cannot successfully export the buffer, no matter what my common sense is. I had to ask Dom, Dom’s suggestion is that I change the Exr file to Jpeg file. So I had to convert in Adobe Bridge, which really worked!

The following are all routine operations. Track background in the camera group, but this time there is a new knowledge point: we need to keep the bar next to the tracking point green at all times, because this means that your tracking effect is relatively stable. If your bar turns red, a better way is to stop tracking and expand or shrink the search box so that the bar can remain green again. 1011

In this way, we finished the track on the left wall.

But Dom thinks we can track more places. For example, in the background, you can even change the color to distinguish it from the foreground. In addition, the ground can also be tracked. But when I tracked the ground, my deviation was less than 2. After calculating, it became 13 and I found that it was useless to cancel, so I had to re-import the file.

Finally, I did all the tracking.

Then the deviation is reduced by Parameter Adjustment. This is also a step that has been done, because we don’t know the specific lens parameters, we can first change the Focal Length to Adjust, and then select Adaptive All in Parameter Adjustment.

After clicking Adjust and calculating, we choose to change Distortion- Degree 2 to Adjust, this time select Brute Force All in Parameter Adjustment. Repeat the above action

This time we also Adjust Quartic Distortion, so that the red dot will become a cube. Continue to repeat the above actions.

Now we enter a new step, the last time it was the face of the track character, now it is the body of the track. The teacher hopes that we can track at least ten points on the body. But remember, you must track on the newly created body group, not on the camera group.

When I was in the track body, I found that my track point would often get lost, and would stop after the automatic tracking, but the teacher did it smoothly, so I had to watch the steps the teacher did again. I found that he can not only control the color in a convenient track, but also skillfully expand and shrink the search box.

After a long time I finished to track my body.

Next, I imported the model into the 3D Models of the body group, and turned off Model Contains Survey Data, so that I could move, zoom, and rotate my model.

Move the model to match the character from the Lineup view, select Project Points on 3D Models.

Although my point was projected, the model did not follow the human movement when viewed in the Lineup view, even though the model moved with the camera in the 3D Orientation.

I thought this was because I didn’t calculate, but after the calculation, the model followed the person, but it moved completely randomly, which means that I didn’t put the model in the correct position at the beginning.

After checking, I found that because there are two points I did not track correctly, I deleted them and reprojected them.

I can finally export the file!

然后我进入到Maya,准备导入模型和我mel,但是我一旦导入mel,maya就会崩溃,但是打开老师的就不会,我不知道怎么解决,只能先用老师的mel了。

然后我跟着老师的步骤,先创建一个locator,然后打开点吸附工具,让locator吸附到scene的一个locator上,再把scene拖动成为这个locator的子集,这样这个locator就可以控制所有的locators了。

同样,我再创建一个locator,然后让它在模型的中间,让模型成为它的子集,这样我就可以通过这个locator控制人物了。这里要注意,两个locator都需要被冻结。

接下来就是先选择物体控制点的合集,再选择控制人物的locator,parent它们,locator就成为了儿子,跟随着物体控制点走了。

然而我又遇到了一个问题,一旦播放,我的模型在相机里就消失了。而在别的视图里依旧看得见它,这很奇怪,我打算问问Dom。

Conclusion

This time I learned a very important thing. You don’t use PLE. If it wasn’t for Dom to save many versions, I might have to track again. Of course, I encountered a lot of problems this time, and I think I can make an appointment for Dom’s tutorial.

This entry was posted in Advanced and Experimental 3D Computer Animation. Bookmark the permalink.